Monday, February 27, 2006

Start Building

I am fascinated by the building process. Since I was very young, the process of taking a pile of raw materials and putting them together to create something useful, beautiful, attractive and beneficial to others has been a passion.

It has been my joy and privilege to be involved in the building of structures and facilities for over 40 years! This passion has opened doors for me and taken me to places which I could have only dreamed of as a boy.

Interestingly, as I have grown older, I have experienced the same wonder in the building process as lives are "built." Over and over again I have seen that each person is, at the start, a "pile of raw materials" which can be "put together" to form something useful, beautiful, attractive and beneficial to others. Then when individual lives are built, they help build and strengthen the lives of those around them resulting in an even more attractive and useful "building" ... made up of people, who are being built together for a greater purpose.

My hope is that those who read this blog will benefit from these musings and see their lives "being built" inwardly, and then building with others in an outward manner, for the benefit of others.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Welcome fellow blogger!
I look forward to hearing more about both inward and outward building.

Mind if I add you to my links?

DBJ said...

Link Away!